Sunday, June 2, 2013

Writing Woes

As a teacher, I have found that teaching writing is challenging to me. I have really gotten on the kick of using story starters to get my class's imagination going. So, I thought I would share. Here are 40 story starters that I came up with:

40 Second Grade Story Starters

 

If I were the president I would

I woke up one morning. I looked in the mirror and I had turned into a…….

As soon as I arrived, I could sense that something was out of place...

I decided to go for an evening stroll.  I walked about three blocks when I felt it...

Sometimes I think my friend has strange powers. Every time he's around...

Every year on the first of April I take out my shoe box.

I was playing my favorite video game, and suddenly I was inside it!

I was stuck in an elevator with

In the backyard, my dog found a mysterious necklace

My best friend was just elected President!

I just found out my teacher used to be a

My family just won the lottery!!!!!

I found a hidden treasure map

I just got back from the zoo. I opened my backpack to find a monkey.

At the beach, I found an unusual seashell

An alien came to earth, and

I was walking on the beach, when suddenly a genie popped out of an old lamp

It was going to be the best day ever!

A fairy appears and tells you that you can have 2 wishes.

On a dark and stormy night, I looked out my window and saw

On my way home from school one day, I found

When I woke up this morning there was a

It was a warm and sunny day when all of the sudden

Last night I had a dream that

I couldn’t believe my wish had come true

I found a pair of magic tennis shoes

My teacher had a surprise for the class

It was field day and I was so excited to

It was finally summer break and I was going on vacation to

My friend invited me to a sleepover

One day, I caught a leperchaun

I found a lucky 4 leaf clover and you will never believe what happened

One day while watching the clouds, I saw a

One day, I noticed there was a door in the hall that I had never seen before.  I decided to open it

If I could go anywhere in the world, I would go to

One day, no teachers came to school

Last night, it snowed 2 feet!

I found an old suitcase, inside it there were

At my grandma’s, I found a strange looking mirror

My teacher announced that today was a free day so I

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment